The fluoride that is put into our water system is a by product of the phosphate fertilizer industry – it is toxic waste, literally. Before there were environmental restrictions on industry, the toxins were released as gas into the air, causing widespread environmental damage to crops and livestock.
In 1983, Weinstein said “Certainly, there has been more litigation on alleged damage to agriculture by fluoride than all the other pollutants combined”. Hirzy said in 2000 – “If this stuff gets into the air, it is a pollutant: if it gets into a river, it’s a pollutant; (…) but if it goes right into your drinking water system, it’s not a pollutant. That’s amazing.”
Silical fluoride corrodes glass, and severely affects the health of livestock, and yet to date, there are no official studies that have been conducted on how it affects the health of humans.
We are told on the toothpaste tube not to swallow toothpaste, and yet the same toxins are put into our drinking water, and we are told that it is safe to drink. They are now saying not to use fluoridated water for the formula for babies and infants because of the health hazards.
What are the health implications of consuming fluoride?
Studies have been done on the effect of fluoride in the human body by independent researchers, and are widely available on the internet. Here are some of the findings relating to fluoride and human health –
- It is not recommended for babies to drink fluoridated water.
- Damage to the brain – results show that fluoride can contribute to a reduction in IQ levels, and also dementia.
- Damage to the thyroid – it is an endocrine disrupter, leading to weight gain, and depression.
- Damage to the bones – it diminishes bone strength and is also linked to osteosarcoma (bone cancer) in males under 20 – the connection between the two has been described as “biologically plausible” by the National Toxicology Program.
- Damage to kidney patients – with exposure, they become unable to excrete toxins, which can lead to other health issues.
- It has also been suggested that it is linked to an increased uptake in lead in children’s blood.
The most astonishing aspect of the fluoride story has to be that there is no noticeable difference in dental health between countries that fluoridate their water supplies, and those that do not.
There are lots of really great alternatives to toothpaste with fluoride in if you look for them. If you are not sure, read the side of your toothpaste tube – some say not for children under 7 and then only with supervision….
To Your Continued Health!
My website is the culmination of many years of seeking answers about my own health and well-being, and studying the human condition. I write articles, am a healer and give talks about subjects relating to spiritual growth and personal development. I am passionate about healing, recovery, and assisting others to grow. Look for the section entitled Detox and Health and you will find more about how detoxing can help your health.