One of the biggest challenges of being your own boss is life balance. The fact is that there are always things that you could be doing or that you feel that you should be doing. But without that time for you, your health, your own life and relationships, then everything can come crashing down.
- So what does life balance and wellbeing mean to you?
- How are you feeling about your life and business right now?
- Do you feel as though you have a good life balance?
- What one or two things could you do to ensure you get the time out that you need?
You may well find that my video above will give you a little food for thought and may prompt you with a few questions to help you. Sometimes one or two small tweaks can make a big difference.
- First put in the time for you, your wellbeing, family, friends and relationships first – otherwise it may never happen.
- Get in tune with your body, feelings – spot when you need a break, to relax, sleep, eat and so on
- Focus on the results / outcomes not simply the input – working hard and long hours is not always smart
- Try things out, vary your routine – see what works, what’s fun and what feels right.
- Review, fine-tune, change – take that time to see how things are going and don’t be afraid to change things.
Rasheed Ogunlaru is an acclaimed life, business and corporate coach whose simple ‘become who you are’ approach has helped countless business owners connect with themselves, their businesses and their customers. His background spans over 20 years in coaching, training, media, PR and performance. Rasheed is the business coach partner to the British Library’s Business and IP Centre and business coach mentor to TiE UK. He is a highly sought-after public speaker and regularly appears in the media, including the BBC, The Times and the Guardian.
Twitter – @RasheedOgunlaru
or call 020 7207 1082