My husband and I have been house hunting for a couple of months now. We’re looking for a place with land where I can keep horses and also develop my business further, running workshops and therapies from home. It’s been fascinating to see how our vision has grown and developed as we’ve visited a variety of properties and seen what’s on offer and what we might be able to achieve! But at the same time it’s been a bit scary, wondering if we’re overextending ourselves and if our vision might have become bigger than our resources can support.
I can definitely say that it’s brought a number of challenges:
- cleaning and tidying the house and garden and trying to keep them presentable for viewers
- facing the thought of packing up years’ worth of accumulated ‘stuff’ (eek!)
- leaving an area that has become so familiar, and having to start again somewhere new
- the doubts and fears that creep in around whether or not this is the right decision and the right time to be taking this step
- visualisation (of the whole process going smoothly and finding the perfect new property)
- trust (that we can do this, and that all will be well)
- self belief (that I have the resources I need)
- mindfulness (to keep focused and to take one thing at a time)
- letting go (of fears and ‘what if‘s, and also of attachments to aspects of my comfort zone that I need to leave behind)
- grounding (to stay centred and not spin off into overwhelm)
- finding balance and flow while juggling a very busy schedule – remembering to breathe really helps here!
It’s made me think about the ways in which we deal with the stress and challenges that life throws at us. In my practice I often see people who are approaching – or have reached – a state of overwhelm. For this reason I created a workshop aimed at helping those who find themselves in this situation, to reconnect with their inner wisdom in order to feel their way back to greater balance and flow. Our bodies aren’t designed to stay in a state of stress for long periods, however our lives are often busy and demanding, meaning that we can easily reach burn-out and even become ill.
So, have you every considered these questions:
- How do you deal with stressful times in your life?
- How do you keep a sense of perspective when it could be so easy to slip into overwhelm?
- What keeps you grounded?
- How do you still make time for your own needs – for rest, good nutrition, fun and anything else that supports your wellbeing and helps you to keep going?
- How do you tune in to what is really right for you and make the choices that support this?
If these are things that you haven’t thought about in a while, it’s definitely worth taking some time to work through them. Our health is our greatest ‘wealth’ so, as a friend of mine said recently on her Facebook page, “this is not a luxury, it is a necessity”.
If it all feels too big and you’re not sure where to start, you have any questions, or you would like to know more about my workshops then please get in touch. I’m very happy to have an initial, no obligation, conversation.
My journey into working in the field of Wellbeing began when I joined an online course in Evolutionary Enlightenment. This caused me to take a hard look at my life – my career, my direction, my purpose – and question whether or not it was really right for me. The answer was No. I was lost, struggling and unhappy.
Searching for something that would resonate for me and that would support my need to grow, I started learning Reiki which, in a roundabout way, led me back to one of my passions: animals. Horses in particular hold a very special place in my heart. I love supporting owners to explore their horse’s physical and emotional needs.
I went on to study Energy Healing, Emotional Freedom Techniques and META-Health because I also love supporting other women who are experiencing similar experiences of stress and overwhelm. I love holding a safe space where they can discover that they have always had choices and the power to make their own decisions.
mobile: 07980 669303
Skype: by appointment only to ensure that I am in the office and available to take your call. Please contact me to arrange a date and time