One thing that small business owners, sole traders and consultants are often notoriously poor at is taking time out, taking stock and reviewing their business. Yet it is one of the most important things to do. If we don’t we can quickly find ourselves and our business off track, overtaken, overly stressed and in serious trouble. Here’s a quick 3 minute business review exercise for you.
1. What’s going well? (be specific)?
2. How can you build on these things (be specific)?
3. What’s not going well / what are the key problem areas?
4. Of these problem areas what are the 2-3 priorities?
5. Now looking overall identify 3 priorities to action?
6. What steps to you need to address these priorities – and when will you (or others) action them?
7. What additional support, resources do you need?
The key thing now is to take action. I also invite you to put in the time of your next mini business review. Feel free to use this video and exercise at any time to prompt and help you.
Rasheed Ogunlaru is an acclaimed life, business and corporate coach whose simple ‘become who you are’ approach has helped countless business owners connect with themselves, their businesses and their customers. His background spans over 20 years in coaching, training, media, PR and performance. Rasheed is the business coach partner to the British Library’s Business and IP Centre and business coach mentor to TiE UK. He is a highly sought-after public speaker and regularly appears in the media, including the BBC, The Times and the Guardian.
Twitter – @RasheedOgunlaru
or call 020 7207 1082